Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My summer in a soft and not very detailed nutshell...

This summer has been filled with life changing realizations, some amazing experiences and a couple of shitty bits like having to retake my exams at uni  but i'll probably brush over that...

So it all started the day my last exam finished...

We packed up the car and headed to WestWard Ho! where we enjoyed a weekend of questionable hair styles, gin parties...

having the time of our lives at the arcades and...

 riding stationary motorbikes... 


Next off, I spent a wonderful 2 weeks at home... 

In which I spent a lovely few days with Dids and Paton...
 (Unfortunately this is the only picture I have... but think it sums up the trip perfectly...)

 ...Got to catch up with my beautiful friends from home

...And of course we celebrated the Queens Birthday in style...


Next up, I jumped on a plane with my darling friend Livvy and flew over to Rwanda for 2 months...

Where I got to see all these amazing kids again...
(There were hundreds of photos...these are but a few)


My lovely little man...
Met this guy and his incredible t-shirt

Usually the smiliest little baby!
:)


Darling Mutoni...
Rode about a hundred motos...


Went swimming more than a couple of times...




Painted a two of the older toddlers dorms...


Learnt to (sort of ) drive a moving motorbike..

Visited the hot springs...


Lived with 4 other AMAZING people...
Fearless Elise...
This is darling Allypoos...
And lovely Lacey
And of course, This is the wonderful Tara...
And I don't know if i hadn't already mentioned the lil' trip to Uganda?
Ya' know, the one where I CHUCKED MYSELF HEAD FIRST TO MY DEATH WITH ONLY A TOWEL WRAPPED ROUND MY FEET?!


Oh... and if that wasn't extreme enough, I then decided it would be a fabulous idea to sit in an INFLATABLE RAFT AND SAIL DOWN GRADE 5 RAPIDS....

... And then I had to say goodbye to this little man and my heart shattered into a million pieces.

After two long months away I arrived home for the night and swiftly the next morning went to South Devon with Mumma, Phil, Andy, Soph and Nathan for a week, where believe me I was extreme...

I go-karted countless times and flew down the longest zip line in England, drank some proper ale and dug monstrous holes on the beach.

After a wonderful week on the English coast I ventured home and slept for a few days and then...

I spent the day with Papa, Andy and Soph in London watching the Olympics...


And ventured to wales, for an hilariously devastating couple of days away...

... with Dids and Paton; we had a marvelous time doing lots of fun things... including canoeing.

BUT...

...Listen to me when I tell you to never ever canoe.
...Listen to when I tell you that shorts and a t-shirt are not a good idea in torrential rain.
...Listen to me when I tell you that capsizing from a canoe and spending 40 minutes being pulled down a fast flowing river in the freezing cold is not fun and will make you ill.
...Listen to me when i tell you climbing up a muddy bank with no shoes on will only result with you landing on your face and sliding back down to the river. 
...Listen to me when I tell you that despite all that we had a cracking time and even managed to sneak a few cheeky beers in too!



And now...

Now I'm revising my arse off in the hope I pass these exams and ultimately my degree next May with the knowledge that I have had an incredible summer and that I have an equally as insane summer planned next year!


Over and Out.

















No comments:

Post a Comment